Thread: Hottie on the Ramp; Interview with model and upcoming actor "Rajeev Govinda Pillai"

Thanks

Default Hottie on the Ramp; Interview with model and upcoming actor "Rajeev Govinda Pillai"

GROWING up in the small town of Thiruvalla, Rajeev Pillai never thought he would walk the ramp at the Lakme Fashion Week one day, something which no Malayali born and brought up in Kerala has done before.

?To be in the same event as Sahil Shroff and Inder Baruah was a great experience and honour,? says the 26-year-old who was part of the recently concluded Lakme Fashion Week 2009 held at Mumbai.

A dentist by profession, Rajeev attributes his success mainly to his stint at the UK where he did his postgraduation in dentistry.

?Kerala is still nowhere near global standards when it comes to professional modelling and the grooming required for it,? he says. While in the UK, Rajeev, who had always been interested in modelling, got the chance to walk the ramp for big names like Tommy Hilfiger and reputed Asian brands.

Soon he carved a niche for himself in the industry. ?It is true that racial discrimination exists in the field,? he says. All the same, there was no looking back for the him since. Back in India, he modelled for more than a dozen television advertisements.

None from Kerala though. ?Male models are badly paid in Kerala.? Rajiv has played the part of villain in the upcoming Malayalam movie ?Trigger? directed by Prasad Yadav.

He has also started work on a Tamil movie.

In the meantime, he completed his dentistry course and started practising at a clinic in Kochi.

?The clinic is run by a friend of mine. So I am able to divide my time between work and modelling.? There have been occasions when some of his younger patients stared at him and asked, ?Have I seen you somewhere?? ?But I tell them ?No chance!?? Being a part of Lakme Fashion Week, the premier fashion event in India, is no small achievement with hundreds of models from all over India vying for it.

?I felt the culture difference.

I manage by just showing up at parties and not spending too much time in them,? says the hottie for whom Indrani and Freddy Daruwallah are the favourite models.

Among his favourite designers are Chaitanya Rao, Digvijay Singh and Tarun Tahiliani.

An amazing thing about Rajeev is that he does not have a personal trainer or fitness expert like others in the field. ?Work-out has always been a part of my life and I take care not to allow an extra ounce of fat on my body.? Rajeev picked up tips on fitness and grooming from books and other sources. ?There is a difference between a ramp model and a body builder.

A little more fat and you will be slotted in the body building category. Ramp walking calls for an optimum level of fitness.? Besides modelling Rajeev is interested in cricket and has played with Yusuf Pathan while in the UK.

Rajeev has more ramp shows coming up, the Wills Fashion Week and the Couture Fashion Week among them. When asked whether he will turn to modelling full time, he says, ?I will continue my profession which will be with me throughout my life. The ramp is my passion. I will never give it up.?

New Movies :-London Dreams and City of God

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ɌAZ3Ɍ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Last edited by ɌAZ3Ɍ; 12-26-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks

Thank you razer

Rising Member
    Thanks

ivan kollallo..>
    M.A.N :kill u:

Always anywhere wherever you want

"The man with da killer instinct"

Hottie on the Ramp; Interview with model and upcoming actor "Rajeev Govinda Pillai"

Thanks

adipoli thanks a lot

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/huovi8.jpg[/IMG]

very nice looking guy
    Last edited by Suhana; 12-27-2010 at 03:22 AM.

* נєωєℓ σ? ιт *
    Thanks

Thank